ProfitStick Golf Exercises
Flexibility may be the single most important factor in making a successful golfer.
In all other sports we warm up our bodies in preparation for the game or activity ahead without even thinking about it or asking ourselves why we are doing it.
What the majority of golfers seem to forget is that golf is similar to sprinting in that it is a very explosive action which culminates in a lot of force traveling through the body over a very short period of time.
How can someone expect to drive the ball further or have a consistent swing when his or her body lacks the proper foundation to swing the club and play the game?
ProFitstick can be used by everyone, from the beginner to the pro from the very young to the active senior from the gym to category 1 skier !
ProFitstick is the next generation of portable crossover training equipment that can be adapted for use as a Pre-workout Warm-up Aid, or can assist with recuperation from illness/injury.
ProFitstick Golf Exercises
- Place the ProFitStick across the top of your shoulders (Do not place it on the back of your neck)
- Grip the ProFitStick so that your palms are facing forward, and your shoulders and elbows are at 90 degrees
- Keep your feet hip distance apart
- Push your arms straight above your head
- Keeping your arms straight, pull the ProFitSticck to bend it. You should feel your arm and shoulder muscles become more active
- Gently side bend to the right, keeping the ProFitStick bent and arms straight. Hold for 10 sec & stand back up
- Repeat to the left with a 10 sec hold
- Stand with feet wider than hip width apart
- Place one end of the ProFitStick on the ground out in front of you
- Hold the opposite end of the ProFitStick with both hands & apply downward pressure on the ProFitStick
- Bend from the hips, keeping the knees & spine straight
- Keep applying downward pressure to the ProFitStick, this should cause the stick to bend and increase the stretch through shoulders, spine and back of the legs
- Hold for 10 secs then slowly ease the tension on the ProFitStick & stand up
Note: If there is any discomfort in the knees or back in this exercise, unlock your knees throughout the exercise